This is the perfect cold weather tea. The ingredients warm and energize the body without caffeine or sugar or mucus producing milk products. The ingredients are simple and healthful.
- 1 small ginger root (fresh, or sliced, or dried)
- 5 cardamon pods
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
Boil 8 ounces water (the purest you can locate). Place ingredients teapot (or boiler once water boils). Cover and steep 3-5 minutes. Drink.
Variations: Add 1 bag (or loose) organically grown black or green tea per serving or to taste. Add star anise for additional flavor.
- Drink it Straight. Try it without sweetener or milk. To sweeten, use organic whole sweeteners (100% local honey or 100% pure maple syrup are good choices, or stevia). Select organic milk, or unsweetened soy or nut milk (like almond).
- Water. Select the purest water you can locate. This keeps you cleaner on the inside, including the brain, kidneys, and the rest of you!
- Cost Effective + Convenience. Buy dried ginger and ingredients at your health food store. Many offer bulk pricing so you can buy what you need at better prices. To have tea available “on the ready,” put ingredients into baggies to make one or more servings. Store in cool place. Just open bag and add to boiling water.
- Limit Caffeine. Use naturally decaffeinated tea.